Translate

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Catching up

Okay, I have a lot to catch up on here, but I don't want to make a giant long post with a thousand pictures so I'll be posting again soon with more updates.

Lugo
Several weeks ago, my family and I went on a trip to Lugo, Galicia for a festival (San Froilan). I don't actually remember the date, but I think it was back at the end of September. Whoops.

on road to Lugo.

"O castineiro" is the chestnut roasting train in the back. And I love the man's face.

awful picture... but it's traditional dancing.

part of the city seen from an ancient Roman wall.

lots and lots of people for the festival



"gaiteros" or bagpipers are in the lights

puplo / octopus

cooking it

again terrible picture, but it's the Roman wall.



Okay, moving on. These next photos are not in an particular order, some are more recent than others.


This is carved in stone at the entrance to "one of the best places in Marin" (according to my sister and most people). It's sort of a playland of cool effects outside. Like the fence is an instrument and makes music when the wind blows. It's fascinating and I'd love to go back because we only say a little bit.
"Park of the Senses- finca de briz
I closed my eyes and imagined a magical place where I was transported by soft waves of my land, where the trees spokes of the smiles of chiles, the waters whisered love stories, and the stones hide the pulse of a people. I opened my eyes, and began to work on this dream. I invite you to enter and enjoy it with me."
(more or less the translation).

Lifelike Portrait of Amy by Elba, age 5 (my niece and nephews aren't shy around me any more, which is really helps me feel like part of the family)

Public transportation = boat from my mom's work to Vigo for Julia's birthday october 22

Marin by night

wild horses on a mountain

View of Vigo (i'll never get tired of the lanscapes here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment! :)